INNOVATION ECOMMERCE organises networking events including MTL+ECOMMERCE SERIES & eCom Summit (ONLINE Conference) and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Personal information processed in connection with the Services is controlled by INNOVATION ECOMMERCE, a canadian company with registered offices located at 520 rue Rachel est, Montreal,QC under the company registration number 117
- the Digital Format of the Conference
- the Conference websites (including mtlecommerce.com and ecommercesummit.ca) and their related subdomains including those pertaining to registration for attendance at the Conference
the Conference apps and the web-app;
- online surveys and registration forms relating to the Conference;
- messages sent via the Conference support portal; and
- the Conference official social media channels.
How We Collect and Use Information.
We ask for certain information such as your first name, last name and e-mail address when you register for our NewsLetter. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service. We use this information to provide return communication to you in order to educate you on our clinical trials or answer any number of questions you may have. Your name, if you choose to disclose it, will not be published publicly.
Information we collect
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third party source.
- Attendee registration information. When you register to attend a Conference, you must provide us with basic information such as name, email address, telephone number, address. We also give you the option to provide additional information.
- Payment and credit card information. When purchasing tickets to attend a Conference, you must provide us with your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card, debit card or bank information. This information will only be shared with third parties such as our ticketing provider, Paypal or Stripe, who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction.
- Conference app profile information. To attend a Conference, you are required to log in to a Conference platform. You will have the option of providing us with additional profile information in the Conference app, such as name and email address, and whether you want your profile information to be discoverable within the app by other attendees and partners of the Conference.Certain profile information may be included on our Attendees page.
- Conference survey answers and Registration forms. We may ask you to participate in optional surveys regarding your experience at the Conference in order to help us improve the event and for related commercial purposes. We may ask you to fill out your personal information if you wish to join the Startup Contest (eCom Awards)
- Third party social media accounts. If you choose to connect your social media account(s) with the Conference app, we may receive certain information from that account, such as your title, picture, and other information you authorize. We may use your friends or connections lists to make recommendations in the Conference app, for example to suggest mutual connections.
Startup and Speaker participation
If you choose to apply to join us as a Startup or Speaker you will complete an application including your name and contact details and any other information necessary to review and to get in touch with you.
If your application is successful, you will be asked to share more Personal Data in order for you to participate in our event, for example to complete your Startup or Speaker profile.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time. If you change your mind, please let us know by writing to us [email protected] We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. Additionally, eCom Summit website and event apps provide access to, and allow you to modify certain information that you have submitted as part of your profile on eCom Summit’s platform. However, certain data related to usage history of our websites or interaction with our emails may not be visible to you. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at our contact information provided in the Questions section below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you are located in the EU, you have the following additional rights: • Right of Access and Right to Rectification. The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal information exists and to be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy and request its completion, update or amendment; • Right to Erasure, Right to Anonymity, and Right to Restriction of Processing. Request the deletion, anonymization or restriction of the processing of your personal information processed in breach of applicable law; • Right to Object. Object to the processing, in all cases, of your personal information for legitimate reasons; • Right to Data Portability. Receive an electronic copy of your personal information, if you would like such a copy for yourself or to port your personal information to a different provider; • Right to Withdraw Consent. Where the processing of personal information is based on your consent, you may have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal. • Right Not To Be Subject To Automated Decision-Making. You may have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, except under certain exceptions under local law. We do not use automated decision-making. • Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority. Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include “Data Subject Request” in the subject line.
When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets INNOVATION ECOMMERCE help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Sharing of your information.
What happens in the event of a change of control?
We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
Instances where we are required to share your information.
Keeping your information safe.
INNOVATION ECOMMERCE cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from INNOVATION ECOMMERCE, at all times. However, INNOVATION ECOMMERCE cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to INNOVATION ECOMMERCE or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the INNOVATION ECOMMERCE Services, such as social networks. INNOVATION ECOMMERCE is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information.
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, INNOVATION ECOMMERCE will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Links to other websites and services.
Data Protection Officer (“DPO”)