Terms & Conditions
PART A– OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU
Who we are
We are INNOVATION ECOMMERCE (MTL+ECOMMERCE) (defined as “we”, “us” and “our” throughout), a non-profit organization under the laws of Quebec with company registration number 1170472493, whose registered office is at 520, rue Rachel Est, Montreal, QC, Canada.
This Agreement shall begoverned by and construed by the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable to contracts between Quebec residents and to be performed in Quebec. Parties hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the district of Montreal, Province of Québec.
What we do
We are organizers of conferences and events including “MTL+Ecommerce Series” & “eCommerce Summit” (each defined as a “Conference”).
Your agreement with us
You should read this document carefully. These Terms govern your online registration, attendance at and/or participation at a Conference. By registering for the Conference you agree that you have read and accepted these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, please do not register, attend or participate in the Conference.
Registering on behalf of another
If you are registering on behalf of another person it is your obligation to make sure that the person attending is aware of these Terms and accepts them. By completing and submitting the registration form you are representing and warranting that you have made the person attending aware of these Terms and that they have accepted these Terms.
Changes to this policy
These Terms apply to you from the date of publishing and until these Terms are superseded by a new version. We may update these Terms at any time for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. Any amended Terms will be posted on here.
Structure of terms
The agreement is between us and the person who completes the relevant Conference online registration form (“you” or “your”). Your agreement with us consists of:
PART A (OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU);
PART B (GENERAL TERMS FOR ALL ATTENDEES);
PART C (ATTENDEE TERMS), which contains terms specific to registered attendees attending a Conference (“Attendee”, “you”, “your”);
PART B– General Terms for all attendees
Access to eCom Summit ONLINE
We, reserve the right to refuse participation to or to remove access to the Online Conference at our sole discretion to anyone that we determine:
represents a security or health & safety risk to the Conference or to any person or partner; and/or
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Service;
- fails to comply with, or is likely to fail to comply with, these Terms.
- behaves against our anti-harassment policy here.
- behaves in a manner that could cause a nuisance to the Conference or to the enjoyment of any other attendee, partner, speaker or sponsor at the Online Conference;
- Infringe third party intellectual property rights when using or accessing the Service.
- Provide payment information belonging to a third party;
- Harm or threaten to harm other users in any way or interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service;
Changes or cancellation
Circumstances beyond our control may necessitate substitutions, alterations, postponements, or cancellations to the content, format, themes, name, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, timing, platform or dates of the Conference. We reserve the right to do so at any time and we will not be liable to you for ANY cost incurred by you as a result of these modifications or cancellations.
We will notify you as soon as we know of any substitutions, postponements, or modifications by posting the updated information on https://ecommercesummit.ca. If the Online Conference is postponed, we will provide you with access to the Conference at a later date.
No refunds will be provided if the Conference is postponed.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of the Conference, we will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation.
Governing law and Juridiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed by the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable to contracts between Quebec residents and to be performed in Quebec. Parties hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the district of Montreal, Province of Québec.
Intellectual Proprietary rights
All rights, title, and interest in and to the Service /Conference are and will remain the exclusive property of INNOVATION ECOMMERCE. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other domestic and foreign laws concerning intellectual property. Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, you may not reproduce, create derivative works based upon, modify, distribute, sell, transfer, publicly display, transmit, or otherwise use or commercially exploit the Conference.
Photography, audio and video recording
INNOVATION ECOMMERCE reserves the right to broadcast any recorded content via TV, Internet, and any other media and/or means of distribution. INNOVATION ECOMMERCE also reserves the right to capture photographic images and videos during the event and use them for promotional purposes.
By entering the Conference, you agree to be filmed, photographed and recorded. You also agree that all material captured by INNOVATION ECOMMERCE may be used by INNOVATION ECOMMERCE and its partners for promotional purposes in Canada and Worldwide.
Your attendance at the Online Conference
You are responsible for notifying us at the time of registration about any special access requirements required at the Conference.
Third party links
The Conference may contain links to third parties and to content uploaded by participants, including images, pictures, videos, links and other content. We are not responsible or liable to these third-party sites, and you should review any terms and conditions when entering those sites or viewing their content.
Mobile Fees & Internet connection
Attending the Conference necessitates a high-speed internet connection in order to access the Online Conference and Services. When accessing the Online Conference or Services through a mobile network, your network or roaming network will apply fees for data usage. You are responsible for these fees and we will not refund any of these fees.
Personal use only
The Conference is for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household. For the duration of the Conference we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the Conference. No right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
Access to the Conference requires compatible devices and relevant softwares (including third party software), These devices and/or softwares may be required or may need updates, and your experience at the Conference may be affected by the performance of these elements.
When accessing and using the Website and its related subdomains you agree NOT TO:
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Promote or provide information about illegal activities, physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any illegal acts;
- use the Service (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and you agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- override any security feature of the Website or compromise the security of your account or someone else’s account.
- engage in activities such as ‘framing’, ‘mirroring’, or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Website;
- upload or broadcast through the platform/Service any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms or anything other harmful activity.
- use manual or automated software, devices or other means or processes to access, scrape or crawl the Website or any content or information contained in it;
- remove any trademark, copyright or other intellectual proprietary rights found in the Website or in the Conference;
- modify, copy or create derivative works of any significant portion of the Website or Conference unless we expressly authorize this activity;
- record or screen capture any part of the Conference with filing equipment or recording softwares;
- attempt to grant any unauthorized access to any part of the Website;
- copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use; or
We may terminate or restrict your use of our service if you violate these Terms.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless INNOVATION ECOMMERCE, its officers, directors, affiliates, employees and agents, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Service.
It is possible that the Online Conference and/or some of the Services may not be available may not be available at any given time due to:
- power or server outages or issues
- update or maintenance periods
- as a result of a war, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
- epidemic or pandemic;
- non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors;
- terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations;
- electronic or communications failure.
- nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom;
- any law or any action taken by a government or public authority;
- collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident;
- any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts;
- interruption or failure of utility service and/or
We are not liable if the Conference is, in whole or in part, cancelled, rescheduled or postponed, or for any failure or delay to perform our obligations under these Terms, including if such event results from anything beyond our control (see the list above)or anything occurrence that jeopardize the performance of the Conference, in whole or in part, and makes it illegal or impossible.
In case of Force majeure, we will provide you with notice of interruption to the conference. While the online conference is unavailable, we shall have no liability to you.
PART C– Attendees Term
Pricing & Tickets
We reserve the right to change the ticket prices at any time. Please note that any changes will not affect tickets that have already been purchased.
Once a successful ticket transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic copy via email to the email address filled by the Attendee during the registration process. For some ticket types, it may be necessary to complete required information such as Attendee name or tax identification number before the tickets can be issued.
The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to access to the Conference listed on the ticket.
All tickets must be assigned to an Attendee, and all Attendee details must be complete within 30 days of receipt of your ticket. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes name, job title and company name. Ticket reassignment is not permitted.
Ticket name changes
Ticket name changes are not allowed.
We reserve at our sole discretion the right to offer any discounts for the Conference or to withdraw a discount offer at any time.
Refund and cancellation
All purchases of Conference tickets are non-refundable in their entirety after the end of a 24 hour period or immediately following your access of the Online Conference, Services or any digital content. You acknowledge that all refunds are subject to deduction of a $25 transaction fee or as otherwise advised (depending on the currency of your original transaction).
Your ticket remains our property and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and access to the Online Conference may be refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
If you are eligible under applicable law to avail of a right to cancel your purchase of a ticket within 24 without giving any reason and to receive a reimbursement of payments, you have the responsibility to notify us by email at [email protected] in writing of your decision to cancel your Conference ticket within this period of time. The refund will be made in the same form as the original payment was received (for example, a credit card payment will refund to the same credit card account number). You acknowledge that when you have purchased a ticket to the Conference you agree to the immediate download of digital content and that if you access the Conference, the Services or any digital content you lose your right to withdraw.
Our tickets include a processing fee. This processing fee is non-refundable in its entirety.
The tickets you purchase are for your own personal use. You agree not to resell it under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we believe to be associated with any ticket re-selling or ticket broker.
Reselling or otherwise transferring your ticket, not in accordance with the Terms, will void the ticket and the ticket holder will not gain access to the Conference. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We have done our best to explain things clearly for you in this document but if you have any questions, please let us know.
For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please
contact us at [email protected].
If you have any other questions, concerns, or complaints, you may contact us at